Sunday, April 5, 2009

serendipity

A lovely girl (Miss Laura Rossi) just informed me about the Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poetics at Naropa University. Which is, of course, in Boulder Colorado. Allen Ginsberg founded this school at Naropa in 1974 in collaboration with Anne Waldman. Naropa boasts a contemplative education and their campus is 100% wind powered. Even more incentive for me to head out west post graduation. 
Teach for America offers opportunities in Denver (assuming I am accepted).
I plan to attend the Jack Kerouac- 50 Years On The Road festival at Naropa in the summer so I can check out the campus!

3 comments:

nckhrkman said...

i am loathe to judge a program until i can view pictures of the faculty.

Ambition Bird said...

you are a shrewd smart man.

Unknown said...

I made it into your blog! Hooray!

Here's the site I was telling you about: http://www.indiefeedpp.libsyn.com/

Some is good and some is bad, but some good poets to start with: Mary Fons, Marty McConnell ("Instructions for a Body" - you can also watch that one on YouTube, which I recommend), Alix Olsen, and Patricia Smith.

All past episodes are on the site, and you can subscribe through iTunes if you like it.