Sunday, June 7, 2009

"its all happening..."

Big accomplishments that deserve my kudos:

Sphere: this year's edition is absolutely excellent.
It is rumored that English Professor Mark Halliday asked for 30 copies of this year's edition so that he could nix Emil Dickinson from his syllabus and require his students to write a paper on a piece of their choice from Sphere no. 53
Look out legends, Sphere is creepin in. 

Trailerpark: Some of my very dearest friends were involved in the production of a feature length film based on the novel by Russell Banks, entitled Trailerpark. I went to the premier this evening and I am so impressed by the story adaptation and the quality of this student film. 
Check out the trailer for Trailerpark cut by my good friend Jon Machles at: www.trailerparkmovie.com

Artists Collective: This new-ish student group attempts to gather together Athens artists for collaboration. The group boasts writers, visual artists, film makers, actors and musicians. I was invited to read some of my work at their end of the year gala this past Wednesday. I am excited to be a part of their growing organization and look forward to collaborating with their president Ray Monge next year on some major Sphere promotional work. 

So much art to wrap up an amazing year.

No comments: