Monday, February 16, 2009

AWP Chicago 2009

I have just returned from a long weekend in my favorite city.
AWP conference went really well, there were some amazing authors there and I attended some interesting panels. 
One was on the Poetry Everywhere program that attempts to unite poetry and film.
Some of the animations are done really well, most of them I actually disliked. 
However, it is wonderful to hear authors read their poems aloud.
Check it out ---> Poetry Everywhere: PBS

The highlight of the conference was the reading in honor of Gwendolyn Brooks on Friday evening. Major Jackson and Lucille Clifton spoke about Brooks as a poet and a woman and read some of her poems aloud. Really inspiring. 
It was also great to be in my favorite city and meet up with old friends. Wonderful to see Konrad and Michelle and Luke.

Missing the Windy City already. 

No comments: